If you are eating this 10 healthy food which are harmful to eat at night,then you should stop and read this article about foods:
All foods are part of a healthy lifestyle but there are some foods that you should avoid at night.Our body’s metabolism is different at night,and eating certain types of food can be harmful for your body.
According to studies,the best time to eat is in the morning where your digestive power is high and strong.Eating at night is harmful for your body because at night digestive power is weak and can lead to different types of health problems.
Table of Contents
Here is the list of 10 healthy food that you should avoid at night:
- Cruciferous Vegetables
- Fatty foods
- Sugary foods
- Caffeine/ Alcohol
- Garlic and onions
- Spicy foods
- Processed foods
- Large meals
Understand what is nighttime Eating
Eating at night can be problematic for some people. Eating at night can disrupt the body’s circadian rhythms and metabolism.
What is Circadian rhythm?
Circadian rhythm is the natural sleep wake cycle in the air controlled by the small part of the brain which is known as the suprachiasmatic nucleus SCN. The SCN use light and dark clues to understand and regulate release of hormones which controls sleep, hunger and other body functions.
What is metabolism?
Metabolism is the process by which the body converts food into energy. It is regulated by Circadian Rhythms in the day. The body’s metabolism is high, which means it is more efficient to burn calories. At night the body’s metabolism is slow so when you eat at night, it can disrupt sleep, circadian rhythm and metabolism.
What’s the rule of hormones?
Night time eating can disrupt hormone levels. For example, if you eat a large meal at nine, it can lead to a spike in blood sugar levels. It can trigger the release of hormone insulin and insulin can promote the storage of fat and makes it difficult to lose weight.
Melatonin is also one of the hormones which can disturb, if you eat at night. when produced by the pinion gland in the brain. Melatonin level rises in the evening and it helps to fall asleep. This hormone level. Also playing a role in regulating metabolism and other body functions.
10 Healthy Foods are harmful at night
- Cruciferous Vegetables: cruciferous vegetables are high in nutrients. Such as broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage but can be difficult to digest. These vegetables close to bedtime lead to gas, bloating and discomfort.
- Beans: high-fibre foods, and if you eat it night is difficult to digest, and it also cause the gas and bloating
- Fatty foods: fatty foods like fried foods, red meat and dairy products which are full of fat can take longer to digest and it will be difficult to fall asleep if you eat it
- Sugary foods: high sugar force rises the blood sugar level, followed by crash. Eating high sugar food leads to irritability, difficulty, sleeping and weight gain.
- Caffeine/ Alcohol: caffeine helps you to stay awake and makes it difficult to fall asleep. So it is best to avoid drinking during night time and about the alcohol. It may initially help to fall asleep but later it will disturb your sleep and also make you dehydrated and headache in the morning.
- Yoghurt: taking yoghurt at night. It can disturb sleep because it is a cooling food.
- Eggs: eggs are high protein food and also the heavy food can be difficult to digest at night
- Garlic and onions: garlic and onion stimulating force, you can make it difficult to fall asleep
- Spicy foods: spicy food irritates and raises the acid in the stomach which needs time to digest. If you eat at night, it will be difficult to fall asleep and it also causes heartburn and acid reflux.
- Processed foods: most processed foods are high in unhealthy fats, high sugar and salt. They contain artificial ingredients and preservatives which are not good for health.
- Large meals: eating large meat at night, Needa Hai, digestive power and acid to digest it, and if you eat close to the bedtime, it makes it difficult to fall asleep and leads to indigestion.
I hope this list of food and information about the food which are harmful at night that you should avoid Will help you to stay healthy and for a better sleep.