A Tennessee mother is warning others about the dangers of balloons after her 7-year-old daughter was found dead by choking on a balloon earlier this month. Her mother is warning people about the dangers of balloon choking through her posts on Facebook. In a Facebook post by Channa Kelly, the grieving mother explained the dangers of balloons which children can face. She said that she brought balloons for her daughter’s birthday on 27th sept.
she bought a large rainbow number 7 balloon inflated with helium and approximately 10 Roblox themed latex balloons for her daughter Alexandra Kelly’s birthday.But she said that she never thought that this could become the reason for he death.
How did the 7 year old die?
Kelly said she sat as her daughter popped her latex balloons a week later on Oct 1 and unaware of any dangers with the balloon she left the room. But when she returned her daughter was lying face down on the living room floor. At first the mother thought that her daughter has fallen asleep but when she realised that the balloon was over her face she called 911 emergency services. The mother also tried to revive the child by giving CPR. but she isn’t an expert and hadn’t practiced CPR since long so she couldn’t provide her proper first aid.
After the emergency services arrived they tried to revive the 7 year old yet there was no response from her and she was declared dead. The incident is extremely tragic and painful and the grieving mother is now trying to educate people on the dangers of such balloons for children. It is still unknown whether she passed away from helium poisoning or choking from the balloon. The mother said that they are waiting for the preliminary results of the cause of her death and she was told that this could take upto 6-7 months to get the results.