Israel bombarded a mosque located in the West Bank of Gaza, with Palestinians reporting that at least two people have lost their lives and three were injured.
Israel’s armed forces amplified their strike on Gaza which is currently under the control of Hamas. Israel is striking ahead of the planned ground invasion after Egypt extended its hand to aid the Palestinian people on Saturday. However, the assistance of 20 trucks that was provided to the Palestinians was like a “nibble to feed a horde” because there are 2.4 million residents deprived of basic necessities
The Israeli Armed Forces began their attack in response to Hamas’s brutal attack which they conducted on October 7, in which Hamas killed more than 1,400 people which consisted of mostly civilians who were mutilated, shot, tortured, and burnt to death.
The bombing has till now killed more than 4,300 Palestinians, including refugees, mainly civilians, according to the Hamas health ministry. Over 40 percent of housing has been damaged or destroyed, and Israel has stopped the delivery of food, water, fuel, and electricity to Gaza, depriving them of their basic necessities.
The Israeli Airstrike
Israel launched an air strike on a mosque located in the West Bank where the refugee camp existed. The Israeli military has said that the strike on the Al-Ansar mosque early on Sunday killed several members of Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad who had been using the mosque as a command center.
Israeli military officials have said that Hamas, the terror operative militants were organizing an attack and had been involved in several attacks in recent months. The reason for Israel’s assumption is something that is still a mystery but footage of the damage they have caused to the religious place of prayer which is located in the Jenin refugee camp where the Palestinian refugees were living.
The Palestinians were told to go to the refugee camp, by Israel to protect themselves from Israel’s attack. Yet, Israel chose to attack the refugee camp where the refugees hid in the hope of being safe. In response to this, many Palestinians have decided to go back to their homes from the camp as they said, if they are going to die then they would prefer to die in the comfort of their home.
Mahmoud al-Saadi, the director of the Red Crescent in Jenin, said that one person was killed and three were wounded in the airstrike by Israel, the Palestinian news agency Wafa reported.
The Jenin refugee camp is populated by the descendants of Palestinians who were dispossessed of their land during the establishment of Israel in 1948 and was the focus of a major Israeli military attack in July which claimed the lives of at least 14 Palestinians.