On World Stroke Day, 29 October our motto is to raise awareness about strokes,it’s prevention, treatment and the importance of taking action to reduce the risk and different impact of stroke,its types, symptoms,major risk and some uncommon symptoms all you need to know about brain strokes.One in 4 adults over the age of 25 will have a stroke in their lifetime, but most of them are preventable.
Stroke is one the cause of death and disability worldwide. There is a count of over 12 million people who have a stroke and one in four adults over age 25 will have a stroke in their lifetime.
The good news about this is that, most Strokes are preventable , but the major is that factors of brain stroke are high, blood pressure, high cholesterol, smoking, diabetes, obesity and physical inactivity can increase to having a brain stroke.
Table of Contents
What is a Brain Stroke?
A brain stroke or a brain attack is the Damage of a blood vessel in the brain or a blockage in the brain . Because of this there is a lack of blood and oxygen in the brain and it causes the neurological emergency which is known as a brain stroke.
Types of Strokes:
There are mean two types of brain for you Brain strokes:
- Ischemic Strokes
- Hemorrhagic Strokes
They are the one of the most common type of brain strokes, and also known as Brain infarct too it’s count of occurring is 87% of all strokes.Ischemic Strokes occurs when one of the blood supplying vessels get blocked due to clot of cholesterol or clot in heart vessels which is pumping blood from heart to brain.
When brain vessels get ruptured and bleed into brain tissue it is known as hemorrhagic stroke or brain hemorrhagic and it’s count of occurring is 13% of all strokes.
Symptoms of Stroke:
Which part of brain is affected, by that the symptoms of strokes can vary most common symptoms include:
- Sudden numbness of one side of the body
- Confusion,trouble in speaking and understanding in speech
- Trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Dizziness,loss of balance
- Severe headaches
- Unexplainable nausea and vomiting
Major risk factors for Stroke:
- Age: This risk of strokes gets higher with age
- High blood pressure: one of the leading factors
- Atrial fibrillation: it’s irregular heartbeat that can leads to brain clot
- High Cholesterol: this can lead to plaque in arteries which narrows blood flow to the brain
- Diabetes: it can damage blood vessels
Uncommon Symptoms of Stroke:
- Sudden change in behaviour or personality
- Severe headaches with no known cause
- Vision problem
What WHO and other organisations says:
Both WHO and other organisations are working to raise awareness and its prevention and also working to improve treatment and rehabilitation for the person who get brain stroke.
Some suggestions from this organisations:
- Promotion of healthy lifestyle and risk factor management
- Researching of prevention and treatment
- Advancing better care for Stroke patients
What you can do for prevention:
- Manage healthy lifestyle
- Do Exercises on daily basis
- Avoid Smoking
- Limit alcohol consumption
- Get regular check up
On this World Brain Stroke Day 2023, take time to understand this brain stroke and how to prevent it.Raise awareness on this topic and risk factors,We can help others and ourselves from this awareness and understanding the importance of Brain Stroke.
Stay Aware and Stay Happy
Thank you for reading.