Winter Action Plan:
Several initiatives led to Delhi’s declining level of air pollution in the past 8 years. The initiatives include Electric Buses, and EV policy among many others, said CM Arvind Kejriwal.
As Kejriwal announced a new winter action plan in which PUSA bio decomposer which prevents stubble burning will be sprayed on 5,000 hectares of farmland this year against 4,400 last year. The bio decomposer developed by the Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI) here i.e. PUSA, is a microbial solution that can turn paddy straw into manure in 15-20 days.https://pib.gov.in/PressReleaseIframePage.aspx?PRID=1814544: Kejriwal’s Winter Action plan; 15 points
There will be 530 water sprinklers established by the government to prevent dust pollution and 385 teams that will check vehicles’ pollution certificates and prevent the plying of overage cars.
A 2014 order from the National Green Tribunal bans vehicles older than 15 years to be banned in public places.https://greentribunal.gov.in/sites/default/files/publication_documents/ENV_VOL_2_2014.pdf: Kejriwal’s Winter Action plan; 15 points
Discarding and burning litter is banned in the National Capital. The Chief Minister of Delhi also asked people to install the Green Delhi mobile application and report any pollution-causing activity to the government.
15-point action plan for Delhi in winter months by Kejriwal –
1. More than 10 million saplings to be planted, 5.2 million by the Delhi Government.
2. Banned burning waste materials of home or area, implementing 611 teams to monitor.
3. “Red light on, Gaadi off” campaign to be run by the government.
4. Fireworks banned
5. A Graded Response Action Plan is to be established.
6. Highlighted 13 hotspots with intensified pollution: Anand Vihar, Mundka, Wajirpur, Jahangirpuri, R K Puram, Rohini, Punjabi Bagh, Okhla, Bawana, Vivek Vihar, Narela, Ashok Vihar and Dwarka.
7. Installment of 82 mechanical road-sweeping machines to prevent dust.
8. Establishing a green war room for surveillance.
9. Started a Green Delhi application for citizens to report pollution-causing activity to the government.
10. PUSA bio-decomposer to be sprayed on 5000 hectares of Farmland to prevent stubble burning.
11. 530 water sprinklers to prevent dust pollution.
12. 385 tans to check vehicles PUC and prevent plying of overage cars.
13. Alternative routes to be published for 90 identified high-traffic roads.
14. 13 special teams to fight pollution hotspots.
15. Plying 298 smog guns on Delhi roads in winter.
Asking for the support of NCR states, Kejriwal appealed for a complete ban on the use of firecrackers in those areas requesting them to take necessary steps to prevent pollution.
The winter action plan is an integral initiative involving 28 departments including departments of environment, transport, traffic police, municipal bodies, and agencies working in the Capital of the Country.
Kejriwal said the initiatives have resulted in many outcomes like Delhi’s pollution has declined 30% in the last 7 years, 17% of total vehicles being purchased are E-Vehicles in Delhi, etc.