World Fertility Day is celebrated on 2-3 November, every year for awareness on infertility issues and to promote your fertility with a healthier lifestyle.
Your diet, lifestyle and daily activities play a major role in fertility. Healthy eating helps you to increase nutritional value in your body which is in need to produce eggs or sperm. Exercise helps in balancing hormones and overall health. Healthy lifestyle reduces inflammation and stress which are major causes of infertility.
Table of Contents
What is infertility ?
Infertility is the inability to conceive a child after one year of unprotected intercourse. It is estimated that 1 in 6 couples worldwide are Infertile. It is a complicated process which involves numerous different factors, like hormones, the reproductive system, and overall health.
Here in this article you will learn how to be healthier to boost your fertility:
There are different types of problems which cause infertility in male and females. If we talk about some major causes of unhealthy diet, excessive stress, PCOS and unorganised lifestyles, other variety of factors are:
Causes of female infertility:
- Ovulation disorders: it is a problem of releasing the air from the ovaries. This is one of the major causes of infertility in a female which is 30% of the cases.
- Tubal problems: tuber problem is related to fallopian tube, which is a tube that carries eggs from the ovary to the uterus. Please disease can be caused by the inflammation in the pelvic area which is IPD, endometriosis or surgery.
- Endometriosis: endometriosis is a condition where the tissue that lies in the uterus grows outside of the uterus and causes fibrosis or clots. Endometriosis can cause inflammation and scarring, which makes it difficult for eggs to implant and grow.
- Uterine Problem: it is the condition of fibroids or polyps that can also make it difficult to get pregnant or carry a child.
- Diminished Ovarian Reserve: DOR is a condition where the number of eggs in the ovary are dues. This can be caused by age, cancer treatment or other medical conditions.
Causes of male infertility:
- Sperm production disorders: share disorder or problem with the production or the quality of sperm. It is caused by hormone imbalance, some medical conditions such as varicocele, which is enlarged veins in the scrotum.
- Sperm delivery problem: sperm delivery problems are related to delivery of sperm into the vagina. This can be caused by some blockage in a reproductive tract or problem with ejaculation.
- Medical conditions: certain medical condition like cancer, diabetes and infection can also impact the fertility of men
- Lifestyle factors: excessive smoking, alcohol, consumption, obesity and stress can reduce male fertility.
Some studies show that unexplained infertility accounts for about 20% of all the cases. Unexplained fertility is the fertility that cannot be explained by any known medical conditions.
This is important to know that infertility is a complex issue and there is no single reason for it. Infertility can be caused by a combination of factors.
Boosting your fertility with Healthier Lifestyle:
There are some many thing can help you to boost your fertility:
- Intake healthy foods: Healthy food such as fruits,veggies,whole grains and lean protein. You should also limit processed food, preservatives, surgery drinks and unhealthy fats.
- Daily Exercise: Doing exercise on a daily basis can improve hormone levels, reduce stress and increase overall health. Adults should aim for at least 150 min of aerobic or 75 min of exercise each week.
- Maintain Weight: Maintaining your weight increases fertility, if you are overweight or obese there is a high chance of infertility.
- Quit Smoking,Limite alcohol consumption: these both are related to unhelpful lifestyle and these both damage eggs and sperm.
- Getting enough sleep: Sleep improves hormone production and also helps in overall health and well-being.
Some other things for men to take care for fertility :
- Keep the testicles cool.It is necessary to wear easy and loose fitting underwear for air circulation.
- Limit exposure of toxins such as herbicide, pesticides or other toxin which can damage sperms
- Avoid some medication like steroids and anabolic steroids it can reduces sperm counts
Women can also improve their fertility by doing:
- Tracking ovulation tracking when is your ovulating can help you to conceive pregnancy
- Having sex regularly Doing it everyday or in ovulating time can help to increase chances
- Using fertility-friendly lubricants Some lubricant cause damage to sperm, so when you use lubricant check if it’s fertility- friendly.
By following these tips for boosting your fertility with a healthier lifestyle will improve your chances of pregnancy on this World Fertility Day. I hope you have a healthy and happy life.
If you are having trouble getting pregnant you should talk to your doctor about it. They will assess your overall health and help to overcome this situation.